Sexopedia - by Anne Hooper
‘A’ is for aphrodisiac; ‘B’ is for body language; and ‘C’ is for…; well, maybe it’s not quite that encyclopedic, but Sexopedia is thorough, containing answers to many of the most commonly asked questions about sex, love and health. Hailed as the world’s most modern pictorial encyclopedia of everything sex, this must-have reference guide contains a wide range of topics, from natural supplements to boost sex drive, a detailed catalog of sexual positions, to a table of everyday medicines and illicit drugs and their possible sexual side effects, Sexopedia contains a wealth of knowledge and a goldmine of sexual tips and tricks.
- Full Title: Sexopedia: everything you wanted to know…
- Type: Hardcover; Pages: 272; Publisher: Dorling Kindersley; Year Published: 2002
- Author: Anne Hooper
- Categories: Sex reference, relationship counseling, history of sex, intimacy, fully illustrated
The Short Version
The color coded chapters are laid out in a simple, easy-to-read fashion and the broad array of health information, sex advice, and interesting facts are presented in a logical order with each section building upon the information from the last. To give an idea of the content offered, the topics from each chapter are as follows:
- Sexual Chemistry – discusses what drives humans to be sexual, male/female attitudes towards sex, attraction, and sexual roles … as well as topics and concerns that occur during the early stages of relationships.
- How Sex Works – looks at his and her Sexual Anatomy, reproduction and hormones.
- All About Foreplay – explores all aspects of getting your partner in the mood: Sensual and Sexual massage, Kissing, self-touch for Him/Her, Oral Sex, and food games.
- The Art of Good Sex – this section is all about Orgasms: how to give them, how to maximize them, and the best positions to achieve them. This chapter also takes a look at both Tantric and Anal sex.
- Sex Without Limits – delves into sex beyond the bedroom, fantasy, an intro to BDSM, Sex Toys, sex boosters, fetishes, and Alternative (Multi-partner) Lifestyles.
- Gay Sex – focuses on alternative Sexual Orientation issues and how to deal with the outside world.
- Sex for Life – offers insight into exercises that enhance sex, diet and food supplements, Contraception, personal care, and sex throughout various life stages.
- When Sex Goes Wrong – investigates common Sexual Health problems, effects of illicit and medicinal drugs on sexual functioning, and sex-related diseases/infections (STDs/STIs). This section also includes approximately twenty case studies regarding challenging sexual and marital issues.
- History of Sex – portrays sex throughout various points of history and explores what sex was like for number of selected empires.
In the old days, there was never an encyclopedia quite like this one. Anne Hooper’s Sexopedia is a first class choice as a reference guide to sexuality and sexual health, and it will appeal to readers of all ages and levels of sexual experience. Though some of the topics covered may be lighter on detail than others, the beauty of Sexopedia is that it provides the inspiration necessary to those who want to delve even deeper into the areas of interest that she presents.
This sex guide truly does contain an abundance and variety of reliable information, interesting facts, and thoughtful expert advice in response to case studies regarding subjects like sexual dysfunction, infidelity, and mismatched libidos. The illustrations are sexy, but without being crude or distasteful; the same goes for the sex tips and advice on lovemaking. Sexopedia makes a great coffee table book – for mature eyes only of course.
Sexopedia can definitely be read from cover to cover, but you can also open the book up to any page and dive right into the topic you’ve selected. It’s also great because you can peruse the illustrations for some fun, unadulterated sexual titillation – and quite successfully for that matter! Highlights not to miss out on include: the section on stages of falling in love (and the love chemicals involved); the fetish and philia glossary; and, the last chapter on sex throughout history.
Dr. Anne Hooper is a now retired sex therapist and relationship counselor with over thirty years of experience guiding couples through sexual woes and relationship issues. A best-selling author with over forty titles to her name, Hooper is an accomplished writer and journalist, and has contributed pieces on sexual, emotional, marital and personal issues for Cosmo, The Guardian, Forum, Woman, Living, and the British Journal of Sexual Medicine. Her other published titles include: The Ultimate Sex Guide, Pocket Sex Guide, Kama Sutra, and (co-authored) 269 Amazing Sex Tips and Tricks for Men.
Anne Hooper’s Sexopedia truly does cover everything you need to know about sex - and then some. Tastefully written and richly illustrated, this sex encyclopedia is an essential addition to your book collection. We rate it an excellent 9/10!
If you would like to orde Anne Hooper's Sexopedia, or would like more information, please .