Shaving Pubic Hair
Although not everyone shaves fully, shaving and trimming your pubic hair is becoming more of a norm. It is great for oral sex; it can also make your genitals appear larger and more attractive. If you are new to the thought, we suggest starting out by trimming the first few times, then moving on to shaving part or all of your pubic area. If you have a partner, you may want to consider shaving each other if you find that doing it yourself is monotonous.
A Couple Warnings:
1. Some people are allergic to some shaving creams and can have painful reactions. Using a small test area to see if your body reacts to the products, you can minimize the risk of bad reactions.
2. Letting hair grow out after shaving your pubic area can be very awkward. The sharp hairs combined with the sensitive skin will make you realize just how much movement happens in that area on an average day. Itching and a little chaffing are nearly unavoidable.
1. If you have long pubic hair, trim with clippers or scissors before using a razor for the close shave.
2. Take a hot bath beforehand, it opens your pores and allows you to get a closer shave.
3. Before applying shaving cream, rinse the area with cool water.
4. Apply shaving cream a few minutes before shaving to soften hairs. Consider using a shaving cream with additional moisturizer or aloe.
5. Be sure to use a new blade, the more times you go over an area the more likely you are to irritate it.
6. When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin irritation. On the first stroke, go "with the grain" to remove most of the hair, then go "against the grain" for a smooth, close shave. If "going against" tends to irritate you, then skip that and use both strokes "with the grain."
7. Be sure to clean the area afterwards with soap and water to reduce the risk of infection, especially if you cut yourself.
8. Some people find a daily application of baby powder or talcum powder especially helpful after shaving to keep the area dry and irritation-free.
And there you have it...
Once you get more comfortable shaving, have some fun and experiment with different shapes. A couple fun shapes to get you started are the racing strip, a heart, a star, and an exclamation mark.
Check out the 'Dare to Bare' DVD for more tips on erotic shaving!